Gazpacho for Gorgeous Skin
Summer is when we really get to enjoy a wide variety of fresh, colorful, antioxidant-rich fruits and vegetables. It’s important to take advantage of these foods, while they are at their peak to benefit from the necessary nutrients that not only make your skin look great, but many of them also protect and repair against damaging sun exposure.
We’ve adapted this classic Spanish gazpacho recipe to maximize the health and skin benefits. And because it’s served cold, it makes for a really great tasty alternative to your daily green juice or green smoothie regimen.
6 ripe tomatoes
2 tablespoons of tomato paste
1 red bell pepper
1/2 large cucumber
2 garlic cloves
1 cup of water
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Peel and seed the tomatoes and cucumbers. Cut into large cubes.
2. Seed the red bell pepper. Cut into large cubes.
3. Peel the carrots and cut into large pieces – roughly the same size as the other vegetables.
4. Peel and crush the garlic.
5. In a pan, add olive oil, garlic and tomato paste, and gently warm over low heat. Remove from the heat, when warm.
6. In the blender, add the water and all the chopped vegetables. Pulse the blender to roughly chop and combine the ingredients. Slowly stream in the warm oil, garlic and tomato paste, while continuing to pulse the blender. The soup should maintain a chunky texture.
7. Add salt and hot sauce to taste and refrigerate until chilled.
8. When ready to serve, cut the avocado in half and twist off one of the halves. Score the avocado and scoop out large cubes. Garnish the soup with a few avocado cubes.